16 July 2011

Malaysia vs Liverpool~Asia Tour 2011

Malaysian football player Mohd Safee Mohd Sali celebrates after scoring a goal against Liverpool during their friendly match, part of Liverpool FC Asia Tour 2011 in Kuala Lumpur on July 16, 2011.

Malaysia came out firing on all cylinders against Liverpool during the 2011 Asia Tour encounter at the Bukit Jalil Stadium despite losing 6-3 to the EPL giants on Saturday.

K. Rajagobal's boys played better today as compared to against Arsenal three days ago, where they were demolished 4-0 in a lacklustre display.

This time, the team led by Safiq Rahim looked stronger as they fought tooth and nail for every ball against the Reds, who as expected, dominated possession with their fluent short passes.

Liverpool opened the scoresheets with a goal in the 25th minute after Charlie Adam converted from the spot after Carroll was brought down by Malaysia's defence. Adam had to retake his penalty, but the new Liverpool signing obliged to slot the ball into the net once more to confirm Liverpool's lead.

Instead of crumbling, Malaysia raised their own attacking pace against a slightly fatigued Liverpool defence. The pressure reaped rewards for the national side when Safiq Rahim equalised from a free kick three minutes before half-time to send the home crowd into a frenzy.

The second half saw Liverpool turning up the heat when they allowed stars Dirk Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Alberto Aquilani and David Ngog to enter the pitch.

With the quartet on the field, it did not take long for Liverpool to regain the lead after Ngog blasted a shot to beat Khairul Fahmi Che Mat in the 67th minute before adding another two minutes later.

Malaysia responded by unleashing national sensation Safee Sali, who wasted no time poking at Liverpool's defence. Liverpool collected their fourth goal in the 74th minute after Maxi Rodriguez collected a cross before shaking the net.

Safee reduced tthe deficit in the 78th minute with a thunderous volley, before scoring Malaysia's third after beating the offside trap. But Liverpool opened the gap once more in extra time after Maxi's header and Dirk Kuyt's finisher sealed a 6-3 win for the visitors.


nunui Joe said...

sy suka tu yang goal keeper tu. hihihi ^^

Junaidiey said...

Eh.... kau menulis blog dlm BI sda ka? :P

mr_mrs mikko said...

ko ni nda sound2 ahhh ambil gmbr boipreengggku... hihi

saveqmm said...

nunui:wahhaa..yg mana 1..ada 2 tuh hari main..

junaidiey:.ko pikir cincai kah..wakakaka.

mr_mrs mikko:alamak.sori..x sangka la pulak ko gfnya..bah santik kan tu pic..agagagag